Old 09-26-2015   #1
ajfrench
Acolyte
Quotes: 0
Points: 17,316, Level: 91 Points: 17,316, Level: 91 Points: 17,316, Level: 91
Level up: 4% Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%
***BIG NEWS FROM Dark Discoveries Magazine***

***BIG NEWS FROM Dark Discoveries Magazine*** courtesy of Christopher C. Payne and Journalstone, see below. And welcome Laird Barron and Mike Davis to the DD family! Also issue #32 of DD, The Occult in Dark Fiction issue, is now shipping -- featuring Graham Hancock! Pick up your copy today. Order here: Dark Discoveries - Issue #32 | Journal-Store
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dark Discoveries is making some changes:

I have heard several opinions over the last couple of years about our recent cover style. While opinions might vary, I have decided to make a change, and more importantly a commitment. My commitment to customers is this, for the complete years of 2016 and 2017 we will be placing authors on our covers. The pop-tart, bubble gum, pinup, etc. etc. covers will be shelved, for two years, which equates to 8 issues. So everyone out there that stood up and voiced there desire, it will be so.

Now, in return, we need a commitment from you. Sign up, subscribe, renew. We have received a great new fan base with our previous covers, and we need to keep that stream flowing in - and hopefully even expand it. For the record Dark Discoveries has never made a profit, in total or on any one issue. It is a passion of mine more than anything. It was started by James Beach and carried on by Aaron J. French, our current managing editor, and everyone who works on the magazine does it more out of love for the genre than a big payday. We pay 6 cents a word for short stories and all of our issues are full color and 100 pages at a minimum - ranging up to 140 plus pages.

Additionally we will be brining on Laird Barron and Mike Davis (Lovecraft Ezine) as new columnists. Laird Barron will actually be on the cover of our upcoming issue - #33. Unless we can talk Laird into putting on a bikini I think the cover will pass everyone's standards.

One additional commitment on our part. We will be sure to include at least one HWA member in every upcoming issue during the 2016 and 2017 years. We will not be accepting open submissions, but if you have a story contact Aaron directly - he didn't know I was going to say that - and he will give it a shot. Sorry Aaron.

So, we will continue to bring you the great content that we have in the past, now packaged with a cover you can leave on the coffee table without having to explain 'it really is a horror magazine' but we NEED your support. Subscribe, renew, sign up, give us your support.

There are going to be some more announcements upcoming, so keep an eye out. We have some great ideas planned for the next couple of years.

Thanks again.

ajfrench is offline   Reply With Quote
8 Thanks From:
cynothoglys (09-28-2015), dr. locrian (09-26-2015), luciferfell (09-26-2015), matt cardin (09-26-2015), mgriffin (09-28-2015), miguel1984 (09-27-2015), Sam (09-28-2015), waffles (09-26-2015)