THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > Miscellanea > The Red Tower
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Old 11-23-2005   #1
Dr. Bantham
Town Manager
Quotes: 19
Points: 291,431, Level: 100 Points: 291,431, Level: 100 Points: 291,431, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Back in Black?

Black shirts are now available from the printer, therefore it should be possible to finalize the designs and make them available prior to Christmas. Decisions are ever mired in concessions, however...

Printing on the reverse side of black shirts will not be available until "after the holidays". I had planned on using this feature with various designs, either to present quotations, additional design work or simply promote TLO. Oddly enough, it costs no more to print on both sides of the shirt. Therefore, I may be inclined to focus first on designs for white shirts (THCOTLO and TLAOT), with the black versions of TLO Corporate and MWINYD to follow upon availability of back printing. Otherwise, the continuity of the designs may be broken, with the shirts differing after the new year. What say ye? Is anyone against having print on the back of shirts?
[web:ddc071225e]http://www.ligotti.net/mp3/backinblack.html[/web:ddc071225e]

THOMAS LIGOTTI ONLINE
A Shining Brainless Beacon Of Elegant Mutations And Cunning Annihilations
Dr. Bantham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #2
G. S. Carnivals
Our Temporary Supervisor
Quotes: 397
Points: 272,439, Level: 100 Points: 272,439, Level: 100 Points: 272,439, Level: 100
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
Re: Back in Black?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bantham";p=&quot View Post
What say ye? Is anyone against having print on the back of shirts?
No. Any shirts I'd buy would be for myself. No rush for any particular production (that is, design) here. Quality combined with the unique is important to me, though. My third eye burns to read the back of my shirt while I'm wearing it.

"What does it mean to be alive except to court disaster and suffering at every moment?"

Tibet: Carnivals?
Ligotti: Ceremonies for initiating children into the cult of the sinister.
Tibet: Gas stations?
Ligotti: Nothing to say about gas stations as such, although I've always responded to the smell of gasoline as if it were a kind of perfume.
G. S. Carnivals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #3
ventriloquist
Mystic
Quotes: 0
Points: 7,454, Level: 60 Points: 7,454, Level: 60 Points: 7,454, Level: 60
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
I think just having "Thomas Ligotti Online" in text, or a small logo or some such, would be quite tasteful. Generally, though, I don't like when shirts have anything attention-grabbing on the back. I'm paranoid about having eyes on me as it is.
ventriloquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #4
Dr. Bantham
Town Manager
Threadstarter
Quotes: 19
Points: 291,431, Level: 100 Points: 291,431, Level: 100 Points: 291,431, Level: 100
Back in Black?

Quote Originally Posted by ventriloquist";p=&quot View Post
I think just having "Thomas Ligotti Online" in text, or a small logo or some such, would be quite tasteful. Generally, though, I don't like when shirts have anything attention-grabbing on the back. I'm paranoid about having eyes on me as it is.
I am far less paranoid now that my synapses have deteriorated from drugs, alcohol, stress and age. All the same, on occasion I still feel likewise compelled. For the most part, I thought I would limit back printing to the shoulder blade area. If we have enough folks opposed to the matter, I can have alternate designs. After all, they really are watching us.

THOMAS LIGOTTI ONLINE
A Shining Brainless Beacon Of Elegant Mutations And Cunning Annihilations
Dr. Bantham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #5
barrywood
Chymist
Quotes: 0
Points: 24,864, Level: 100 Points: 24,864, Level: 100 Points: 24,864, Level: 100
Re: Back in Black?

Come to think of it, to have something on the back would be more eye catching, perhaps. I'm thinking if I'm walking down the street, I'm more inclined to look (or study) the back of someone's tshirt than if writing was on their chest area. I normally don't look up when someone walks by me. Maybe I'm just strange.

My story NOWHERE TO GO was published by PS PUBLISHING in a book titled POSTSCRIPTS #14 in England in 2008. Let me know if you've read it. I self-published eight short stories on audio-cassette in 1999 titled, fittingly, BARRY WOOD'S SHORT STORIES. And a few other short stories in little obscure publications -- which I forget their titles.
barrywood is offline   Reply With Quote