THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > News > Ligotti News
Home Forums Content Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Old 1 Week Ago   #11
SF Sorrow
Mannikin
Quotes: 0
Points: 2,827, Level: 34 Points: 2,827, Level: 34 Points: 2,827, Level: 34
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Re: Vastarien Kickstarter Campaign is Live

Pledged! Looks like you guys just might be there ...
SF Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Thanks From:
Dr. Locrian (1 Week Ago), maramadus (1 Week Ago), miguel1984 (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #12
Dr. Locrian
Town Manager
Threadstarter
Quotes: 2
Points: 61,539, Level: 100 Points: 61,539, Level: 100 Points: 61,539, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

VASTARIEN CAMPAIGN GOAL ACHIEVED! THANK YOU ALL! It took only 27.5 hours to get there. Stunning!

"...the uncanny is to me the defining trait of this strange and terrible world and our strange and terrible minds." --Thomas Ligotti
Dr. Locrian is offline   Reply With Quote
8 Thanks From:
maramadus (1 Week Ago), Michael (1 Week Ago), miguel1984 (1 Week Ago), Patrick G.P (1 Week Ago), SF Sorrow (1 Week Ago), Shadow Puppet (1 Week Ago), Thossyphus (1 Week Ago), ToALonelyPeace (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #13
Dr. Locrian
Town Manager
Threadstarter
Points: 61,539, Level: 100 Points: 61,539, Level: 100 Points: 61,539, Level: 100

Update:

We are now at $6,328 pledged of the $4,913 goal.

Now that Vastarien is fully funded (thanks to all of you), we'll be talking a lot about how we're going to be spending the money we receive for the next 28 days over our goal amount.

Our first priority: increase payments to our authors and artists, up to pro-rates.

Second priority: secure funding base for creating issues of Vastarien post-2018.

And we have a few other plans in the event the grand total exceeds our wildest expectations.

We'll be sharing a breakdown of the budgeting particulars/additional goals shortly (as soon as we recover from collapsing with relief and jubilation).

Again, thanks to all of you. The speed and generosity of your donations was staggering.

"...the uncanny is to me the defining trait of this strange and terrible world and our strange and terrible minds." --Thomas Ligotti
11 Thanks From:
gveranon (1 Week Ago), Jeff Matthews (1 Week Ago), maramadus (1 Week Ago), Michael (1 Week Ago), miguel1984 (1 Week Ago), Patrick G.P (1 Week Ago), qcrisp (1 Week Ago), SF Sorrow (1 Week Ago), Shadow Puppet (1 Week Ago), Thossyphus (1 Week Ago), ToALonelyPeace (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #14
miguel1984
Grimscribe
Points: 73,762, Level: 100 Points: 73,762, Level: 100 Points: 73,762, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Congratulations, guys!

Your fall should be like the fall of mountains. But I was before mountains. I was in the beginning, and shall be forever. The first and the last. The world come full circle. I am not the wheel. I am the hand that turns the wheel. I am Time, the Destroyer. I was the wind and the stars before this. Before planets. Before heaven and hell. And when all is done, I will be wind again, to blow this world as dust back into endless space. To me the coming and going of Man is as nothing.
miguel1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Dr. Locrian (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #15
Dr. Locrian
Town Manager
Threadstarter

Update: We are now at $7,832 pledged of the $4,913 goal.

To all who have already pledged, our eternal thanks!

In order to achieve pro-rates for our authors and cover artists for 2018 (issues 1-3), we need to raise $11,436 more dollars, putting our stretch goal at $16,349. Even if we fall short, though, every cent above our original goal will go towards paying our artists and authors an amount closer to what they deserve.

We'll be talking more about some excellent, new rewards soon. It's hard to believe, but there are still 27 days left to go in the Kickstarter campaign!

Again, thanks to our donors, and--if you haven't donated yet--please consider doing so, even if it's a small amount. Most of our donations so far have come from TLO members, not surprisingly, and issue 1 is dedicated to all of you. It won't disappoint.

6 Thanks From:
BeelzeBob (1 Week Ago), Hecatombs For Hecate (1 Week Ago), miguel1984 (1 Week Ago), qcrisp (1 Week Ago), T.E. Grau (5 Days Ago), ToALonelyPeace (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #16
unknown
Grimscribe
Points: 26,406, Level: 100 Points: 26,406, Level: 100 Points: 26,406, Level: 100
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
Send a message via AIM to unknown

I like to check-in periodically to stay in the loop and see what's new. It's posts like these that make me glad I do. Looking forward to the first issue. Cheers to Matt and Jon for their continuing hardwork

there is no stronger drug than reality

yog-sothoth
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Dr. Locrian (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #17
Mr. Veech
Grimscribe
Points: 12,053, Level: 76 Points: 12,053, Level: 76 Points: 12,053, Level: 76
Level up: 1% Level up: 1% Level up: 1%
Activity: 83% Activity: 83% Activity: 83%

I pitched in, though I wish I could've given more. When your life is a frictionless spinning in the void, you're unlikely to have a large bank account.

I look forward to seeing this completed. Perhaps it will even put a smile on Ligotti's face.

"In a less scientific age, he would have been a devil-worshipper, a partaker in the abominations of the Black Mass; or would have given himself to the study and practice of sorcery. His was a religious soul that had failed to find good in the scheme of things; and lacking it, was impelled to make of evil itself an object of secret reverence."

~ Clark Ashton Smith, "The Devotee of Evil"
Mr. Veech is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Dr. Locrian (1 Week Ago), maramadus (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #18
Dr. Locrian
Town Manager
Threadstarter

Update:

New $60 "Dr. Locrian" Reward available:

At this level, you'll receive an original Vastarien artwork print by artist, Aeron Alfrey, as well as a one year print and Kindle subscription to Vastarien, your name listed on our website as a benefactor, and your name listed in the Acknowledgments page of Issue 1, We'll also email you a sneak-peek PDF of one of the best pieces in Vastarien Issue 1 before it is sold, and you'll receive a personal email of thanks from Matt and Jon.

And Introducing the Ultimate VASTARIEN Reward:
THE TSALAL - $7,500+

If you back Vastarien for $7,500 or more, you'll receive the following books by Vastarien contributor, Thomas Ligotti (some of which are exceedingly rare and all of which are signed and come from Ligotti's private library and are in mint condition unless otherwise specified):
  • a limited, deluxe, signed, unread hardcover copy of The Spectral Link;
  • a signed, rare, unread copy of the Greek, bilingual edition of I Have a Special Plan for This World;
  • a signed, limited, unread hardcover edition of In Einer Fremden Stadt, In Einem Fremden Land, the German translation of In a Foreign Town, In a Foreign Land, cover and internal page designs by H.R. Giger, and signed by Ligotti and Giger;
  • Chants Du Cauchemar Et De Le Nuit, an unread, signed, trade paper, French edition of Songs of a Dead Dreamer;
  • a fine, signed, trade paper copy of Das Alptraum Netzwerk, the German edition of The Nightmare Network;
  • a signed, unread hardcover edition of Grimscribe, Sein Leben und Werk, the German translation of Grimscribe;
  • a very good, signed, illustrated edition of Skuggan på världens botten och andra berättelser, the Swedish translation of The Shadow at the botton of the World;
  • a signed, mint, hardcover copy of I canti di un sognatore morto, the Italian translation of Songs of a Dead Dreamer;
  • a signed, very good paperback copy of I canti di un sognatore morto, the Italian translation of Songs of a Dead Dreamer;
  • an unread, signed, illustrated hardcover, Polish translation of Teatro Grottesco;
  • and Lo Scriba Macabra, a signed, unread trade paper Italian translation of GRIMSCRIBE.
You'll also receive an unlimited print and Kindle subscription to Vastarien and one signed, limited HC copy of Jon Padgett's short story collection, The Secret of Ventriloquism (illustrated by Dave Felton). You'll also receive three editor-signed copies of Issue 1, two prints of original art by artist, Aeron Alfrey, your name listed on our website as a benefactor, your name listed in the Acknowledgments page of all 2018 issues, and a personal email of thanks from Matt and Jon.

3 Thanks From:
Jeff Matthews (1 Week Ago), miguel1984 (1 Week Ago), xylokopos (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #19
Dr. Locrian
Town Manager
Threadstarter

Update: We are at $8,525 pledged, which is 172% of our funding goal. We currently have 93 backers, and there are 25 days to go. We're hoping to raise enough money to pay pro-rates to our authors/artists throughout 2018.

Please pledge. Or, if you've already pledged, please spread the word. Many thanks.

Here are our Rewards as of today (though old ones will disappear as they become sold out and new ones will crop up over the coming weeks):

Pledge $10 or more
Bright Puppet

You'll receive a personal email of thanks from VASTARIEN's Editors-in-Chief, Matt Cardin and Jon Padgett, and your name will be listed on our website as a benefactor.
Estimated delivery Apr 2018
5 backers

Pledge $25 or more
Acolyte

You will receive a copy of the Kindle edition of VASTARIEN Issue 1, and your name will be listed on our website as a benefactor. We'll email you a sneak-peek PDF of one of the best pieces in VASTARIEN Issue 1 before it is sold. You'll receive a personal email of thanks from VASTARIEN's Editors-in-Chief, Matt Cardin and Jon Padgett.
5 backers

Pledge $40 or more
Mystic

You'll receive one copy of the print edition of VASTARIEN issue 1, and your name will be listed on our website as a benefactor. We'll email you a sneak-peek PDF of one of the best pieces in VASTARIEN Issue 1 before it is sold. You'll also receive a personal email of thanks from VASTARIEN's Editors-in-Chief, Matt Cardin and Jon Padgett.
Ships to Anywhere in the world
27 backers

Pledge $50 or more
Clown Puppet

You'll receive one copy of the print and Kindle editions of VASTARIEN issue 1, and your name will be listed on our website as a benefactor. We'll email you a sneak-peek PDF of one of the best pieces in VASTARIEN Issue 1 before it is sold. You'll also receive a personal email of thanks from VASTARIEN's Editors-in-Chief, Matt Cardin and Jon Padgett.
Limited (11 left of 20)

Pledge $60 or more
Dr. Locrian

You'll receive an original VASTARIEN artwork print by artist, Aeron Alfrey, as well as a one year print and Kindle subscription to VASTARIEN, your name listed on our website as a benefactor, and your name listed in the Acknowledgments page of Issue 1, We'll also email you a sneak-peek PDF of one of the best pieces in VASTARIEN Issue 1 before it is sold, and you'll receive a personal email of thanks from Matt and Jon.
Limited (4 left of 10)

Pledge $100 or more
The Voice in the Bones

You'll receive a copy of the Cadabra Records release of 20 SIMPLE STEPS TO VENTRILOQUISM, written, read and signed by Jon Padgett with front cover art by Yves Tourigny and back cover art by Dave Felton, with liner notes by Thomas Ligotti, You'll also receive a one year print and Kindle subscription to VASTARIEN, your name listed on our website as a benefactor, and your name listed in the Acknowledgments page of Issue 1, as well as a personal email of thanks from Matt and Jon.
Estimated delivery Jun 2018
Limited (4 left of 9)

Pledge $225 or more - New
Nobody is Anybody
You'll receive a copy of BORN TO FEAR, signed by Matt Cardin, an hour long Skype consult with Jon Padgett or Matt Cardin on a topic of your choice and two prints of original art by artist, Aeron Alfrey. You'll receive a one year print and Kindle subscription to VASTARIEN, your name listed on our website as a benefactor, and your name listed in the Acknowledgments page of Issue 1. We'll also email you a sneak-peek PDF of one of the best pieces in VASTARIEN Issue 1 before it is sold, and you'll receive a personal email of thanks from Matt and Jon.
Estimated delivery:
May 2018
Ships to
Ships anywhere in the world
Limited (1 left of 1)

Pledge $200 or more
Dalha D. Fine Arts

You'll receive a test press copy of the Cadabra Records release, THE BUNGALOW HOUSE, by Thomas Ligotti, read by Jon Padgett (comes in fold over sleeve), an hour long Skype consult with Jon Padgett or Matt Cardin on a topic of your choice and two prints of original art by artist, Aeron Alfrey. You'll also receive a one year print and Kindle subscription to VASTARIEN, your name listed on our website as a benefactor, and your name listed in the Acknowledgments page of Issue 1, as well as a personal email of thanks from Matt and Jon.
Limited (1 left of 2)

Pledge $500 or more
Town Manager

You'll receive an unlimited print and Kindle subscription to VASTARIEN, plus one fully produced audio production by Jon Padgett of a public domain or copyright-owned story of your choice (limited to 5,000 words in length). You'll receive three editor-signed copies of Issue #1, two prints of original art by artist, Aeron Alfrey, your name listed on our website under benefactors, your name listed in the Acknowledgments page of all 2018 issues, and a personal email of thanks from Matt and Jon.
Limited (3 left of 3)

Pledge $7,500 or more
The Tsalal

If you back Vastarien for $7,500 or more, you'll receive the following books by Vastarien contributor, Thomas Ligotti (some of which are exceedingly rare and all of which are signed and come from Ligotti's private library and are in mint condition unless otherwise specified): a limited, deluxe, signed, unread hardcover copy of The Spectral Link; a signed, rare, unread copy of the Greek, bilingual edition of I Have a Special Plan for This World; a signed, limited, unread hardcover edition of In Einer Fremden Stadt, In Einem Fremden Land, the German translation of In a Foreign Town, In a Foreign Land, cover and internal page designs by H.R. Giger, and signed by Ligotti and Giger; Chants Du Cauchemar Et De Le Nuit, an unread, signed, trade paper, French edition of Songs of a Dead Dreamer; a fine, signed, trade paper copy of Das Alptraum Netzwerk, the German edition of The Nightmare Network; a signed, unread hardcover edition of Grimscribe, Sein Leben und Werk, the German translation of Grimscribe; a very good, signed, illustrated edition of Skuggan på världens botten och andra berättelser, the Swedish translation of The Shadow at the botton of the World; a signed, mint, hardcover copy of I canti di un sognatore morto, the Italian translation of Songs of a Dead Dreamer; a signed, very good paperback copy of I canti di un sognatore morto, the Italian translation of Songs of a Dead Dreamer; an unread, signed, illustrated hardcover, Polish translation of Teatro Grottesco; and Lo Scriba Macabra, a signed, unread trade paper Italian translation of GRIMSCRIBE. You'll also receive an unlimited print and Kindle subscription to Vastarien and one signed, limited HC copy of Jon Padgett's short story collection, The Secret of Ventriloquism (illustrated by Dave Felton). You'll also receive three editor-signed copies of Issue 1, two prints of original art by artist, Aeron Alfrey, your name listed on our website as a benefactor, your name listed in the Acknowledgments page of all 2018 issues, and a personal email of thanks from Matt and Jon.
Limited (1 left of 1)

Old 1 Week Ago   #20
Michael
Grimscribe
Points: 18,221, Level: 93 Points: 18,221, Level: 93 Points: 18,221, Level: 93
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

This is incredible news!!!
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From: