THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > Miscellanea > Miscellaneous Polls
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register
View Poll Results: What is your favorite TLO Style Template?
TLO Dial-Up (Soft Blue - Sparse Graphics) 3 15.79%
TLO Broadband (Parchment Backgrounds) 5 26.32%
TLO Coporate (Black/Green/Purple/Gold) 11 57.89%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Old 10-04-2005   #1
Dr. Bantham
Town Manager
Quotes: 19
Points: 321,338, Level: 100 Points: 321,338, Level: 100 Points: 321,338, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Favorite TLO Style?

After the addition of the latest Style Template, TLO Corporate, I am curious to know of the styles favored by the membership.

TLO Dial-Up

Soft blue tones are featured here, with fewer graphic backgrounds to better accommodate a dial-up configuration. This is the standard style provided with the CMS engine which TLO is built around. If you are having trouble with a certain aspect of the site, you may want to try it out here as well, since the other styles are custom and more prone to misdemeanors.
[hr:9bb280c822]
TLO Broadband

Paper space - literally. This was my favorite style previously, and rather appropriate for an author. There may soon be more of an emphasis on red in lieu of purple for various link elements.
[hr:9bb280c822]
TLO Corporate

Personally, I am quite fond of the new style, which has been based largely on the color scheme of the original TLO site. I believe it was EddieMA who referred to the original site colorations as TLO "corporate" colors. Additional work will be completed to further incorporate the use of purple and green. The gold was added due to a certain fondness I held for the original TLO bulletin board appearance.[hr:9bb280c822]
Additional styles will be added in good time. I have a concept in mind which will feature a white background, red/black text and graphic elements which emulate the design of TAROVFAOGT. There is also a very talented TLO member who is currently working to contribute a highly ambitious variation which is bound to raise eyebrows. Hide and watch!

THOMAS LIGOTTI ONLINE
A Shining Brainless Beacon Of Elegant Mutations And Cunning Annihilations
Dr. Bantham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005   #2
G. S. Carnivals
Our Temporary Supervisor
Quotes: 397
Points: 272,439, Level: 100 Points: 272,439, Level: 100 Points: 272,439, Level: 100
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
Re: Favorite TLO Style?

As the styles stand now, I prefer Broadband. It's easiest on my eyes. Corporate, however, is the coolest. I can't wait to see the mysterious new variation.

"What does it mean to be alive except to court disaster and suffering at every moment?"

Tibet: Carnivals?
Ligotti: Ceremonies for initiating children into the cult of the sinister.
Tibet: Gas stations?
Ligotti: Nothing to say about gas stations as such, although I've always responded to the smell of gasoline as if it were a kind of perfume.
G. S. Carnivals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #3
ventriloquist
Mystic
Quotes: 0
Points: 7,454, Level: 60 Points: 7,454, Level: 60 Points: 7,454, Level: 60
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
I voted for Broadband, which is perhaps a bit strange since I tend to favor dark backgrounds on websites. But, I do like having the ability to alternate.

A design based on TAROVFAOGT would be nice... as would being able to finally read those stories, but ya know....

(edit: just thought of something that I don't like about Corporate, which might have influenced my vote: right-clicking is disabled on that setting, and I often right-click to open up whichever threads I want to check out in their own separate tabs. Not that it's a major gripe, but it does cramp my browsing style a bit. )
ventriloquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #4
Doctor Munoz
Acolyte
Points: 11,001, Level: 72 Points: 11,001, Level: 72 Points: 11,001, Level: 72
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

I go for the corporate look. I dare to suggest it should be renamed as "funereal look".

Last edited by Doctor Munoz; 03-22-2009 at 06:30 PM..
Doctor Munoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #5
Dr. Bantham
Town Manager
Threadstarter
Points: 321,338, Level: 100 Points: 321,338, Level: 100 Points: 321,338, Level: 100
Quote Originally Posted by ventriloquist";p=&quot View Post
edit: just thought of something that I don't like about Corporate, which might have influenced my vote: right-clicking is disabled on that setting, and I often right-click to open up whichever threads I want to check out in their own separate tabs. Not that it's a major gripe, but it does cramp my browsing style a bit.
This restriction should be fixed soon. I use right-click as a browsing tool as well. I will post a message when the restriction has been properly banished.

THOMAS LIGOTTI ONLINE
Old 10-05-2005   #6
Dr. Bantham
Town Manager
Threadstarter
Quote Originally Posted by ventriloquist";p=&quot View Post
edit: just thought of something that I don't like about Corporate, which might have influenced my vote: right-clicking is disabled on that setting, and I often right-click to open up whichever threads I want to check out in their own separate tabs. Not that it's a major gripe, but it does cramp my browsing style a bit.
The Right-Click restriction has been removed from all styles. Please note that the left column panels will appear within the new window as well. I am researching methods to allow members the option of displaying these panels, either by settings or switching (as with styles).

THOMAS LIGOTTI ONLINE
Old 11-15-2007   #7
paeng
Grimscribe
Points: 50,804, Level: 100 Points: 50,804, Level: 100 Points: 50,804, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Send a message via ICQ to paeng Send a message via AIM to paeng Send a message via MSN to paeng Send a message via Yahoo to paeng

I like the Resurrection style. Can you recommemd any sites that give similar free background tiles and graphics for website use?
paeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #8
Dr. Bantham
Town Manager
Threadstarter

Quote Originally Posted by paeng View Post
I like the Resurrection style. Can you recommemd any sites that give similar free background tiles and graphics for website use?
Unfortunately, most of the free sites I have found are dominated by useless graphics from aeons gone by. My method is to Google for free images and sift through the results methodically. Also, if you have a specific type or style of image you are looking for, try the Image search mode within Google, which will display image thumbnails relative to your keywords. Finally, I typically modify images heavily for use at TLO with Photoshop. Some images might not quite be what you are looking for initially, but patience is often rewarded. Let me know what style you are looking for and I will see if I have anything which might accommodate.

THOMAS LIGOTTI ONLINE
Old 11-18-2007   #9
paeng
Grimscribe
Points: 50,804, Level: 100 Points: 50,804, Level: 100 Points: 50,804, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Send a message via ICQ to paeng Send a message via AIM to paeng Send a message via MSN to paeng Send a message via Yahoo to paeng

I would like to come up with a layout like this:

http://www.pbs.org/empires/medici/renaissance/

Two other sample sites are

http://www.pbs.org/empires/napoleon/home.html

http://www.pbs.org/empires/japan/

I think I will need to look for a site that gives free background images like parchment paper and wood or marble for web pages, high-resolution public domain images of fine art (mostly painting and sculpture) as I will have to use portions of images for banners and side bar graphics, and a website containing fonts (free to use in non-profit sites) in case I need to supplement the ones included in Adobe CS.

I plan to post my notes on and reflections about Dante's Commedia, Goethe's Faust, and other works I used to teach, accompanied by images of art related to the works.
paeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022   #10
Zaharoff
Grimscribe
Points: 129,618, Level: 100 Points: 129,618, Level: 100 Points: 129,618, Level: 100
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
Favorite Style

Ha! What an ancient poll. I did not even know it existed.
I have been rolling with Corporate for years.
The colors do not strain. On rare occasion - very rare - I will switch to TSATBOTW, as I find the impression of being buried under layers of rock and soil quieting.
The poll is still active, by the way.

Last edited by Zaharoff; 03-22-2022 at 05:55 PM..
Zaharoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
waffles (03-23-2022)