THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > Discussion & Interpretation > The Repository > Online Literature
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register
Comment

Article Tools Search this Article Display Modes Translate
UNTITLED
UNTITLED
Published by Mr. Veech
01-21-2017
UNTITLED

We were walking in the cemetery, my hand resting in hers. I could not remember how we had met, nor could I remember how we had arrived there. It did not matter, for we were both quite happy to be by each other’s side as we traveled from gravestone to gravestone. We gave one another the occasional glance. I felt my spirit rise each time I saw her face, her eyes uniting with mine. Nothing was said between us.

While following the quiet path, we were greeted by a couple of evergreen trees standing close to one another. We both stopped, our eyes resting on their emerald leaves which glistened in the sunlight. We stood there for a moment without uttering a word. I looked at her, noticing a gentle smile appear on her face. She softly squeezed my hand, letting me know it was time to resume our journey, which we did. Further along the path we encountered a pair of gravestones that stood out amongst the rest. We approached them. Lying next to both were flowers which looked as though they had been placed there recently. I knelt down and read what was inscribed across the surface of both tablets. I could not see a name on either one, but I noticed the date of departure was the same. Even though I did not know who they were, I silently paid my respects. We then left the gravestones and continued our walk together.

It was at some point during our journey that I saw a couple of evergreen trees in the distance that looked vaguely familiar to me. I thought I grasped something, a distant memory, but whatever it was quickly vanished. I was so enraptured by my companion that I thought nothing of it.

We were walking in the cemetery, my hand resting in hers. I could not remember how we had met, nor could I remember how we had arrived there. It did not matter, for we were both quite happy to be by each other’s side as we traveled from gravestone to gravestone.

----------------------------------------------

For C.S.
14 Thanks From:
Cnev (01-21-2017), DarkView (01-21-2017), Dr. Bantham (01-21-2017), Druidic (01-21-2017), Kevin (01-22-2017), miguel1984 (01-23-2017), Nemonymous (01-22-2017), Nirvana In Karma (01-22-2017), ramonoski (01-21-2017), Raul Urraca (01-21-2017), Spectral Cat (01-22-2017), xylokopos (01-23-2017), yellowish haze (01-22-2017), Zaharoff (05-01-2017)
By Raul Urraca on 01-21-2017
Re: UNTITLED

This singular fact I must preach-
I like this piece, good Mr. Veech.
By Druidic on 01-22-2017

Raul is right. A very nice prose poem.
I had no literary ambitions yet a number of poems, prose poems and even stories have seen publication despite my disinterest.
You should consider sending your stuff out. If you get rejected, it won't be because of quality but simply dried-up markets. Eventually your stuff will find a home
Good luck!
By Mr. Veech on 01-22-2017

Thank you both for sharing your thoughts. My writing has gone on hiatus for the past two months due to financial concerns. I believe this website and its members are perhaps the main reason I choose to continue writing. I think I'll soon force myself to send a few stories out.

It's nice to hear encouraging thoughts from those I respect.
Comment