THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > News > Ligotti News
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Old 06-30-2005   #1
Dr. Bantham
Town Manager
Quotes: 19
Points: 291,431, Level: 100 Points: 291,431, Level: 100 Points: 291,431, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
New Ligotti Interview in SUBTERRANEAN Magazine Issue #1

[img=right:f979f5ebd0]http://www.ligotti.net/images/tlo/submag1.jpg[/img:f979f5ebd0]SUBTERRANEAN Magazine Issue #1 is now in print and shipping. This maiden issue includes an interview with Thomas Ligotti. Issues can be ordered direct from Subterranean Press.

If you purchase the limited hardcover edition, you will be receiving an exclusive Ligotti chapbook not otherwise available. Reservations, though limited to 150 copes, appear to still be available. Unofficially, the chapbook is to contain "My Case for Retributive Action" and "Our Temporary Supervisor". A lettered, hardcover Ligotti book was offered simultaneously and was sold out immediately. It is assumed that the content of this offering will match that of the chapbook.

The release date for the hardcover version of the magazine and the included chapbook is not known, though previous statements from Subterranean Press indicated these items would follow the actual magazine printing by 1-2 months. Clarifications regarding anticipated print dates and chapbook content are being requested from Subterranean Press and details will follow upon receiving a response.

THOMAS LIGOTTI ONLINE
A Shining Brainless Beacon Of Elegant Mutations And Cunning Annihilations
Dr. Bantham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005   #2
Dr. Bantham
Town Manager
Threadstarter
Points: 291,431, Level: 100 Points: 291,431, Level: 100 Points: 291,431, Level: 100
Re: New Ligotti Interview in SUBTERRANEAN Magazine Issue #1

UPDATE

According to Subterranean Press, corrections from Tom for "My Case for Retributive Action" and "Our Temporary Supervisor" have just been received. The softcover chapbook and the hardcover variant will be identical in content.

The signature pages for the hardcover edition of SUBTERRANEAN MAGAZINE #1 are currently circulating among contributors, with an estimated return of 3-4 weeks. After that, it is a matter of printing. While no estimated distribution date was provided, I would guess it to be 2-3 months before these finally make it to see the light of day, and that is assuming that delays are not encountered. All three are intended to be released en masse.

THOMAS LIGOTTI ONLINE
Old 07-01-2005   #3
adam
Acolyte
Quotes: 0
Points: 15,484, Level: 85 Points: 15,484, Level: 85 Points: 15,484, Level: 85
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

I'm not sure whether I should be pleased or disappointed by this news. Its nice to know that production of these books is finally getting to the final stages. On the other hand, I've been waiting FOREVER for these. I think I paid for mine over a year ago. The release of the softcover magazine just got my hopes up.

Anyone want to comment on the interview in the mean time as it appears that I'll have to wait a bit longer for a chance to read it?
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005   #4
Dr. Bantham
Town Manager
Threadstarter

Quote Originally Posted by adam";p=&quot View Post
I'm not sure whether I should be pleased or disappointed by this news. Its nice to know that production of these books is finally getting to the final stages. On the other hand, I've been waiting FOREVER for these. I think I paid for mine over a year ago. The release of the softcover magazine just got my hopes up.
I am equally disappointed with the delays. However, this seems to be a standard practice with smaller publishers these days. They get your hard cash down to reserve an upcoming book based upon a fragmentary announcement and take ages to print the material. It makes you worry about how they are handling their business and if they will survive long enough to get your reserve published. I have TONS of cash invested in pre-orders from Cemetery Dance Publications, and frankly it makes me very nervous. Especially once I found out that they nearly went under a couple of years back.

I have found that some re-sellers will be allocated a certain number of limited editions available for pre-order without immediate payment required. They bill you upon shipment. I think SHOCKLINES does this, but I am not certain of others. Even so, this is often not the case for rarer editions, and many publishers only sell the rarest editions direct to the end buyer.

Anyway, I think publishers should not accept pre-orders until they have a defined production schedule which they can meet, and the lead time should be no more than three months. I pre-ordered John Pelan's CENTURY'S BEST HORROR FICTION only to later learn that he had not even completed his selections - much less received permissions, started editing, engaged artists, etc. The dilemma is that if you don't play the game and pre-order your copy, you will very often miss out on getting a copy of the limited editions, in particular Lettered or Artist Editions. I am mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore! What? Only 26 lettered copies presented in a leather traycase and an exclusive signed art piece? How much? We musts have it!

THOMAS LIGOTTI ONLINE
Old 07-12-2005   #5
adam
Acolyte
Quotes: 0
Points: 15,484, Level: 85 Points: 15,484, Level: 85 Points: 15,484, Level: 85
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Incidentally, a few days after I posted earlier about having to wait so long for the hardcover Subterranean #1 and (more importantly) the Ligotti chapbook, I received the softcover version of the magazine in the mail despite having not actually ordered it. Did this happen to anyone else even though they only ordered the hardcover version? It was a bit strange, almost as if it arrived because I asked for comments regarding the interview.
adam is offline   Reply With Quote