THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > Miscellanea > Rants & Ravings
Home Forums Content Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Old 03-19-2017   #521
Druidic
Grimscribe
Quotes: 0
Points: 65,287, Level: 100 Points: 65,287, Level: 100 Points: 65,287, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
Re: Trump

Right on, Evans. Mithras is an important voice. His information alone has been encyclopedic. And a lot of intelligent people here feel that way.
Druidic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017   #522
Mithras
Banned
Points: 746, Level: 14 Points: 746, Level: 14 Points: 746, Level: 14
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%

Robert and James,

There is a handy "ignore button". I recommend using it.

I am tired of you both.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
Mithras/With Strength I Burn threatens people, lies chronically and has spammed my PM box so badly with that I am too anxious to even check it any more. He has actively made this forum an unfun place for me, and I'm tired of being called an SJW for pointing this harassment out because this is everything to do with behaviour and nothing to do with ideology.
Nothing you have said there is true.
Mithras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017   #523
James
Grimscribe
Points: 15,968, Level: 87 Points: 15,968, Level: 87 Points: 15,968, Level: 87
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%

Right. I await your five PMs per hour and subsequent deleted posts slamming me for being ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Druidic View Post
Right on, Evans. Mithras is an important voice. His information alone has been encyclopedic. And a lot of intelligent people here feel that way.
I feel he continues to, on his seventh account, make the forum an unpleasant place for me to use. I have decided to sit TLO out while waiting for him to be banned again.

'I believe in what the Germans term Ehrfurcht: reverence for things one cannot understand.'
― Robert Aickman, An Essay
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017   #524
Mithras
Banned

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
Right. I await your five PMs per hour.
You're lying. I've only sent PMs hoping to become civil, but I am by no means sending five PMs per hour. This is a deliberate exaggeration. Maybe one once every two or three weeks.

I have a goddamn life. I was merely trying to become civil again, so that way I can post here without you bitching about me.

I have really lost my patience, so go ahead and ignore me already.
Old 03-19-2017   #525
Druidic
Grimscribe
Points: 65,287, Level: 100 Points: 65,287, Level: 100 Points: 65,287, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Can we get this thread back on the tracks?

So how did Tillerson pull off this 'deal' with China and is it even meaningful?
Weeks ago, I posted that I wondered if Trump's 'antagonism' toward China wasn't just setting them up for a quid pro quo. Trump may be petty at times, as well as crude, and he lies like a politician, but he's not a dumb guy. You don't achieve what he did without some degree of intelligence.

For example--the wiretapping claims might be pure bull but the constant opposing voices harping on an unsavory Trump/Russia connection have disappeared from the news for now. The Democrats don't want any investigation that points toward them, regardless of its authenticity. I suspect this is what trump wanted all along.

If China comes through, I suspect some of those hypothetical tariffs, among other things, will suddenly soften. We'll see.

Trump's right. We need China in this. The alternative would be a grim one...
Druidic is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Mithras (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017   #526
Robert Adam Gilmour
Grimscribe
Points: 16,772, Level: 89 Points: 16,772, Level: 89 Points: 16,772, Level: 89
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

I don't want to ignore anyone, I just want people to show they care about certain things.

Robert Adam Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017   #527
Mithras
Banned

Here is a good video on Pizzagate showing there is circumstantial evidence to be suspicious:

I never claimed Pizzagate indubitably happened due to lack of concrete evidence or proof. I said there is reason to be suspicious, that's it.

I honestly don't see what's so unbelievable about this. Stuff like this is not really unprecedented.

Also, I don't see why I deserved to have my mind insulted for being "monkey gibberish" for believing there is reason to be suspicious, which is what started this whole fiasco in the first place.

Last edited by Mithras; 03-19-2017 at 08:51 PM..
Old 03-19-2017   #528
Mr. Veech
Grimscribe
Points: 7,979, Level: 62 Points: 7,979, Level: 62 Points: 7,979, Level: 62
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Let's face it - politics is a way to indirectly deal with life as a whole. It's a "substitute formation" for problems which pertain specifically to ontology. Call me callous, but I don't feel obligated to invest an inordinate amount of time to political matters. Why? I don't have offspring. On the other hand, if you have or plan on having children, it's obligatory that you be politically conscious. That's part of the price one pays for sexual satisfaction, i.e., affirming life.

Humanity will end badly. Politics merely enables individuals to "pick" their own bad ending.

While we're on the subject of controversial views, I admit that I find sexuality reprehensible in all its forms. Why not destroy the very source of the problem? Let us "throw the baby out with the bathwater."

"In a less scientific age, he would have been a devil-worshipper, a partaker in the abominations of the Black Mass; or would have given himself to the study and practice of sorcery. His was a religious soul that had failed to find good in the scheme of things; and lacking it, was impelled to make of evil itself an object of secret reverence."

~ Clark Ashton Smith, "The Devotee of Evil"
Mr. Veech is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Thanks From:
miguel1984 (03-20-2017), Mithras (03-19-2017), ToALonelyPeace (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017   #529
T.E. Grau
Mystic
Points: 11,200, Level: 73 Points: 11,200, Level: 73 Points: 11,200, Level: 73
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Fervent support for ethno-nationalism - what could possibly go wrong?

TEG
T.E. Grau is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Thanks From:
miguel1984 (03-20-2017), Robert Adam Gilmour (03-19-2017), ToALonelyPeace (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017   #530
Mithras
Banned

To me, there is a great glory in persevering one's ethos and respecting the sacrifices of one's forebears.

Take the video game Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon, for example. It is an idyllic game that depicts sustainable communal living. The villagers are united by the figurehead of the "Harvest Goddess", a mythological figure representing the values that bind the community some of which include: respecting elders, harmony with nature, pescatarianism, treat thy neighbor with respect, fidelity in monogamous relationships, frequent solitude in natural scenery, and so forth.

However, imagine the community is threatened with the replacement of their ethos. Religious warlords are threatening to displace the Harvest Goddess statue and bring about a new age in which Moloch has more prominence. None of these values are true or false in themselves, but they have the benefit in creating a respectable, serene society for the majority or so. What is so wrong with going to war to protect the solidarity of their group and preserve the values that have aided their longevity and times of peace, regardless of whether or not they perceived as bigots? The serenity and social order are threatened by the introduction of new lifestyles, so why not smash those who try to impose their new lifestyle into the system? If the forced introduction of harems or culling pets threaten their lifestyles, why not push away all of those who espouse such virtues?

Why accept them? Save the trouble and just banish the Marquis de Sade and crush the skulls of the Moloch imposers a bit sooner is what I'd do! Why not? It's like a perturbation in the system that momentarily makes it unstable, but in order to preserve the previous state of affairs, some prejudice may be in order.

"Prejudice is an organic truth, false in itself but accumulated by generations and transmitted: we cannot rid ourselves of it with impunity. The nation that renounces it heedlessly will then renounce itself until it has nothing left to give up. The duration of a collectivity and its consistency coincide with the duration and consistency of its prejudices. The Oriental nations owe their everlastingness to their loyalty to themselves."
- Emil Cioran

Last edited by Mithras; 03-19-2017 at 09:43 PM..