THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > Miscellanea > Rants & Ravings
Home Forums Content Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Old 03-19-2017   #541
Mithras
Banned
Quotes: 0
Points: 746, Level: 14 Points: 746, Level: 14 Points: 746, Level: 14
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
Re: Trump

Here are all of the Maturist generation pictures I've saved. I really like the harmony of traditional families then: not much divorce, not much infidelity, nice tight-knit family, doggo or kittie to bring joy to the family, and etc. Happy families, happy worlds, but now you have debauchery of epic proportions. You whipper snappers need to get your act together!

Postimage.org €” free image hosting / image upload

This is my favorite one from the collection:

Then again, regressive leftists have the audacity to call me constrictive because they want this for children:

And are also okay with vulgar displays like this in front of children:

Last edited by Mithras; 03-20-2017 at 12:13 AM..
Thanks From:
Cnev (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017   #542
T.E. Grau
Mystic
Points: 12,708, Level: 77 Points: 12,708, Level: 77 Points: 12,708, Level: 77
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Oh good gracious...

TEG
3 Thanks From:
Cnev (03-20-2017), James (03-20-2017), Mithras (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017   #543
Cnev
Chymist
Points: 11,042, Level: 72 Points: 11,042, Level: 72 Points: 11,042, Level: 72
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

My grandparents were married for 63 years. The most honest, humble, generous and quiet people I've ever known. I miss them dearly, and respect their way of life very much.
2 Thanks From:
Druidic (03-20-2017), Mithras (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017   #544
Mithras
Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cnev View Post
My grandparents were married for 63 years. The most honest, humble, generous and quiet people I've ever known. I miss them dearly, and respect their way of life very much.
I have a lot of respect for that way of life too.
Thanks From:
Druidic (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017   #545
Robert Adam Gilmour
Grimscribe
Points: 21,634, Level: 100 Points: 21,634, Level: 100 Points: 21,634, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Quote Originally Posted by Mithras View Post
not much infidelity,
Happy families, happy worlds
You sure about that?

Sometimes that imagery can be very nice and I'm sure there were many people who enjoyed a lifestyle like that but quite often it looks like propaganda. Like a strained smile that can only hold so long. Or the setting of a Lynchean nightmare.

2 Thanks From:
miguel1984 (03-20-2017), Mithras (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017   #546
Justin Isis
Chymist
Points: 17,854, Level: 92 Points: 17,854, Level: 92 Points: 17,854, Level: 92
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Strength, it's time to man up, move to Tehran and have some children. The Iranians I know (some of whom have married into my family) are super business-focused badasses with tons of children and they spend most of their free time working out and hitting nice restaurants, not playing video games or posting on message boards about horror fiction. Transmitting cultural values or continuity in the way you've mentioned requires you to create some more humans, take care of them and teach them things.
Thanks From:
miguel1984 (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017   #547
Mithras
Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Isis View Post
Strength, it's time to man up, move to Tehran and have some children. The Iranians I know (some of whom have married into my family) are super business-focused badasses with tons of children and they spend most of their free time working out and hitting nice restaurants, not playing video games or posting on message boards about horror fiction. Transmitting cultural values or continuity in the way you've mentioned requires you to create some more humans, take care of them and teach them things.
1.) I refuse to move to a country ruined by Khomeinism. I had friends of relatives die because they were pro-Shah. The Shah was our last hope, literally the Āryāmehr ("light of the Aryans"), but he ultimately became a coward by fleeing and made many mistakes, such as not exiling Khomeini instead of assassinating him.

2.) I detest Islam with all my heart. Why would I go to a country that is majority Muslim? Ērānshahr died once it became Islamic. Persia is no more, and Europe will follow suite in the upcoming decade at this rate. Wahhabism/Salafism, Khomeinism, and even "liberal Islam" -- all the same #### whether Shiite or Sunni.

3.) I'm still child free and pessimistic but of a different variety from either Lovecraft (Olympian stance towards unknown horrors) or Ligotti (self effacement in icy bleakness).

4.) I am not going to perpetuate my tainted bloodline. I honestly think we used to be blonde and blue eyed, like the Yazidi or Tajiks/Pashtun who are purer. I can't even tell what my ancestry is composed of.

5.) I have been married for over 4 years. My wife read Ligotti, Blackwood, pessimistic philosophy, and much more. We discuss it at length and so forth. We've decided not to have children.

Until Iran ever abandons the heinous cult of Islam and revives its true roots in Zoroastrianism, then I have no place I can call home. I respect the ethos of the USA though, but I do not think it was founded for non-Europeans in mind. Regardless, I will contribute by receiving my PhD in a STEM field and not interfere in political affairs because I have a sense of honor, even as a mongrel.

Last edited by Mithras; 03-20-2017 at 02:02 AM..
Old 03-20-2017   #548
nihilsum
Acolyte
Points: 2,164, Level: 29 Points: 2,164, Level: 29 Points: 2,164, Level: 29
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Activity: 86% Activity: 86% Activity: 86%

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...atters/519876/

Unsurprisingly, Trump plans on straight bamboozling the Appalachian region that contains a huge amount of his supporters in the upcoming federal budget. You see, there is a federal agency called the Appalachian Regional Commission that exists in general make life much better for poverty-stricken communities all throughout Appalachia, including retraining ex-coal miners. Funding from the government is their lifeblood, and Trump wants to cut them.

Needless to say this will leave a great number of people in the region without services that they've relied on. But wait! Trump is bringing back coal jobs too so its okay, maybe? Nope. Whatever Trump could do (and all he would do is cut safety regulations which would in turn do even more damage) couldn't make up for actually dismantling the agency responsible for doing something about how squalid the region has become because coal mining in Appalachia no longer makes sense economically. Bringing those jobs back is a pipe dream.

I am sure that will be the spin here - that it will be okay because the coal jobs will come back (they won't) and all of Appalachia can pull themselves out of the muck by their bootstraps (they won't).
5 Thanks From:
James (03-20-2017), Kevin (03-20-2017), miguel1984 (03-20-2017), Nirvana In Karma (03-20-2017), Robert Adam Gilmour (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017   #549
Justin Isis
Chymist
Points: 17,854, Level: 92 Points: 17,854, Level: 92 Points: 17,854, Level: 92
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

I think you're abdicating responsibility here:

I detest Islam with all my heart. Why would I go to a country that is majority Muslim? Persia is no more, and Europe will follow suite in the upcoming decade at this rate.
If this is the case, then the situation certainly isn't going to change with you doing nothing and giving up. If Islam is spreading it's because its adherents take it seriously and are pursuing their lives as such.

The way you're calling it, Islam is like a bully that's taken over the playground and you're afraid to head back in. The bully isn't going to decamp unless people like yourself stand up to him. I don't think this is an actual reading of the situation, but it seems to be how you're viewing it.

I'm still child free and pessimistic
Once again, no one is swayed by negativity in real life - people tend to act in accordance with values and world views that promote their well-being, or at least appeal to their prejudices. In real life humans respect actions taken - that's it. We can see from history that "normality" tends to be constructed from whatever the majority decided after very serious people had taken a lot of action.

I'd suggest the following steps:

1. Total abandonment of pessimism. Strong, positive, action-focused optimism. Get diet sorted, regular physical training, martial arts, etc.

2. Have at least three children and teach them your values, living in a way they can respect. Teach them about Zoroastrianism and the greatness of Persian tradition. Be a real presence in their lives and they'll be more likely to replicate your values and teach them to their own children.

3. Get involved with local community and people who share your values. Organize events, help the poor, teach your values and beliefs to those are hurting and in need of attention. Another sure fire way to build respect and an actual following.

I am not going to perpetuate my tainted bloodline. I honestly think we used to be blonde and blue eyed, like the Yazidi or Tajiks/Pashtun who are purer. I can't even tell what my ancestry is composed of.
Ditch the self-hatred too - I do NOT believe this to be a typically Persian trait. The Iranians I know are IMMENSELY proud of their race, ancestry and appearance - sometimes to the point of self-parody (although I love these dudes). Accept the things about yourself you can't really change, and change the things you can (again: diet, gym, etc.)

Strength you've dropped some strong opinions on this forum and I'd like to see you live up to their implications, which I think would leave you happier in the long run too. Last time I Googled the Parsis it seemed like their communities were dying out due to a lack of having children. By not having children you're letting Zoroastrianism die. Seems better to do something about it rather than simply lament the situation.
3 Thanks From:
Kevin (03-20-2017), miguel1984 (03-20-2017), njhorror (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017   #550
Druidic
Grimscribe
Points: 77,235, Level: 100 Points: 77,235, Level: 100 Points: 77,235, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

I think Justin's advice in 1.) and 3.) seems damn good. I hesitate on 2.) because its unfair to have children unless you really want them. Children need to be wanted and loved. However, you could try to leave yourself open to the possibility and see if your attitude changes.

Tainted bloodlines work great in Lovecraft -- love that tainted blood! -- and that's where we should leave them.

Keep up the fight, Strength.
4 Thanks From:
Justin Isis (03-20-2017), Kevin (03-20-2017), miguel1984 (03-20-2017), njhorror (03-20-2017)
Closed Thread