THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > Miscellanea > Members > Personal
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Old 01-06-2015   #1
Odalisque
Grimscribe
Quotes: 0
Points: 45,811, Level: 100 Points: 45,811, Level: 100 Points: 45,811, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%
Re: Warriors of Love

Quote Originally Posted by Odalisque View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Nemonymous View Post
"'Goddesses, of course, are mightier than mere gods."
Even if that is a truism within the world of 'Warriors of Love', the use of 'of course' there needs to be discussed, at least, rather than letting a 'truism' pass, without reaping any wisdom from questioning a 'truism'.
I think that it is difficult to square the womb from which the universe emerged with male divinity. Take, if you will, what I believe to be the start of St John's Gospel. (I own many books, but the Bible is not amongst them, otherwise I'd check.) If memory serves, it goes somewhat in this manner: "In the beginning was the word..." How much more sense would this make, if we substitute "womb" for "word", and alter "God" to "the goddess"?
I've been thinking about this. When I was much younger, I liked the idea of creation through the word. Perhaps that was because, as a writer, the word was my chosen creative vehicle. (It is another question whether the word chose me, or I chose the word, or whether there was an interweaving of the two.) Now, the idea of creation through the word strikes me as fundamentally wrong because it presents creativity/creation as clean, orderly and logical. (On the logical aspect, one might consider the relationship between logos and logic.) It seems to me, with an increasing experience of the world, that creation is always messy, chaotic and irrational. Increasingly, I wouldn't care for it to be otherwise.

Odalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Thanks From:
Doctor Dugald Eldritch (01-06-2015), miguel1984 (01-07-2015), Nemonymous (01-06-2015)