Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2009   #1
Emery Eldritch
Mannikin
Quotes: 0
Points: 3,894, Level: 41 Points: 3,894, Level: 41 Points: 3,894, Level: 41
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Topic Nominated Did John Lennon Sell his Soul to the Devil?

The Lennon Prophecy puts forth the theory that a 20-year-old Lennon, so disillusioned with a life of sadness and disappointment where he was abandoned by his father and stricken with the death of his mother, entered into a deal with the devil to achieve fame and fortune.

Niezgoda puts forth that a 20-year pact began in December of 1960, shortly before a night when Beatlemania first struck audiences on December 27, 1960 when the Fab Four played at Town Hall Ballroom in Litherland, England. During that performance, as Niezgoda reports, “The Beatles evoked a response noticeably different from anything in their past.” From there, the Beatles inexplicably shot immediately to global fame never seen before or since. The 20-year pact came to its tragic conclusion on December 8, (U.S.) 9, (U.K) 1980, when Mark David Chapman, who testified he was possessed by demons, fulfilled the end of the contract by murdering Lennon outside of his apartment at The Dakota in New York City.

On September 9, 2009 (09.09.09), Apple/EMI Records, on behalf of the surviving Beatles, released its digitally re-mastered Beatles catalog.

“The association of the number nine with The Beatles, and more particularly with John Lennon, has been undeniably obvious throughout the years, a fact which did not escape Lennon himself, nor those close to him and his many biographers. John had a fascination with numerology and particularly the number nine, reflected in his songs Revolution 9, #9 Dream and One After 909. Dealing with the devil is the major theme of The Lennon Prophecy and if you invert 09-09-09, it is 06-06-06 or “666” which is the sign of the devil.” "Revolution 9" was recorded for the White Album in May 1968. Opening words spoken in the song prove to foretell the date and the events of Tuesday morning, December 9, 1980 (Great Britain time). "number nine, number nine, number nine" When played backward, phonetically can be heard as "turn me on dead man" The reverse clip maintains a most fiendish tonal quality almost commanding. "turn me on dead man, turn me on dead man, turn me on dead man." "Turn me on dead man" is undeniably similar to the lyrics "I'd love to turn you on" from John's "A Day in the Life".

"The first backward tape on any record anywhere." When 'Rain' was released as a single, the U.K. advertisement used the 'butcher cover' photograph to promote the record. It was an eerie combination: crumbled baby-doll bodies depicting infanticide, blood and raw meat, together with words and music played backward. Backwardness, is commonly associated with demons and the occult, whether it be in fiction, literature or fringe religious practices. Ringo Starr later commented, "I think it's the best out of all the records I've ever made. 'Rain' blows me away. It's out of left field. I know me and I know my playing, and then there's 'Rain'." In Beatles Anthology he said, "The drumming on 'Rain' stands out for me because I feel as though that was someone else playing - I was possessed."

Although one can easily fabricate patterns out of coincidences, one can learn more about this theory through interviews and other strings of thought at the site.

http://www.thelennonprophecy.com/index.html

It is interesting.

Even I, after giving it little thought, came up with the observation of the lyric, “stupid, bloody Tuesday,” from “I am the Walrus.”
Emery Eldritch is offline   Reply With Quote
11 Thanks From:
Cyril Tourneur (12-11-2009), G. S. Carnivals (12-11-2009), Halloween Harlequin (12-11-2009), John Wisecraft (12-11-2009), Ligeia (12-11-2009), Mr. D. (12-12-2009), Pinecone (12-11-2009), Spotbowserfido2 (12-11-2009), starrysothoth (12-11-2009), waffles (12-11-2009), yellowish haze (12-11-2009)