THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > News > Other News
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2011   #1
Horror of Anton Arcane
Quotes:
A Tribute: Who My Avatar Is (response to other post)

(This may be off-topic for the entire site; although- listening to the music- maybe not.)

DELETED ACCOUNT, that raven black mustache is by far the edgiest thing circulating on this board! I tip my hat to that lovingly malicious dark thing!
-Nigromontanus

Thank you for the compliment, but I guess you don't recognize the picture.? I will have to admit- that is not me, if that's what you're thinking.

The avatar is of Peter Steele from the band Type-O-Negative... he passed away not quite a year ago; I'm using the picture as a tribute to him. Most all of his band's music is very dark, edgy, brooding, and he's known for his unique singing style. He actually seems like a very decent and intelligent person. From comments of those who say they met him- he sounds like he's very kind and genuine.

I'm sure this is against the whole horror theme, but there's a picture that I'm going to put below which is somehow one of the most touching things I've seen; he's just giving this hug to a girl (fan?), and the way he has her in his arms and the way she's looking up at him- it may seem sentimental, but it's incredibly moving to me.

I'll post this as an honor to Peter Steele. The picture originates from amongst his guestbook photo gallery.

In case anyone cares to look, here's the URL to the memorial pages for Peter. He still gets quite a few comments in his guestbook; there are kind words from a number of these people who seem to have personally met him at his concerts.

http://www.legacy.com/gb2/default.as...10505631881917

Click image for larger version

Name:	39615721.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	427

Peter Steele and Girl

By the way, does anyone recognize the user name? It is from what I think was a very good horror series. Anyone who recognizes the name should know what I mean and the author who is well known for his take on the direction with the characters and story.