ramonoski
Grimscribe
Quotes: 0
Points: 15,238, Level: 85 Points: 15,238, Level: 85 Points: 15,238, Level: 85
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Activity: 67% Activity: 67% Activity: 67%
Re: Should I Watch True Detective?

Quote Originally Posted by Cnev View Post
So, a TV show about people watching TV. I mean, can it really get any lower than that?
No idea which series is that, but I imagine it's an offshot from youtube. There's this trend about "reaction videos", which is exactly what it sounds like: people watch videos, record their reaction, and upload that. Not quite my idea of entertainment, but it hit it off with a lot people.

On the subject of interesting television, not sure if you fellows are familiar with The Booth at the End. The series is nothing but people talking, always in the same location (the eponymous booth at some diner), but it's a very riveting watch. There's some supernatural undertones to it, but the focus is mostly an exploration of morality, cause and effect, and whether the things we wish for are really worth the trouble. There's only two seasons, and apparently a third one is in the works but it might not enter production until late this year at the least.
ramonoski is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Cnev (07-15-2014), Druidic (07-15-2014)
Old 07-15-2014   #2
Cnev
Chymist
Quotes: 0
Points: 18,611, Level: 94 Points: 18,611, Level: 94 Points: 18,611, Level: 94
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Should I Watch True Detective?

Quote Originally Posted by ramonoski View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Cnev View Post
So, a TV show about people watching TV. I mean, can it really get any lower than that?
No idea which series is that, but I imagine it's an offshot from youtube. There's this trend about "reaction videos", which is exactly what it sounds like: people watch videos, record their reaction, and upload that. Not quite my idea of entertainment, but it hit it off with a lot people.

On the subject of interesting television, not sure if you fellows are familiar with The Booth at the End. The series is nothing but people talking, always in the same location (the eponymous booth at some diner), but it's a very riveting watch. There's some supernatural undertones to it, but the focus is mostly an exploration of morality, cause and effect, and whether the things we wish for are really worth the trouble. There's only two seasons, and apparently a third one is in the works but it might not enter production until late this year at the least.
I did a quick Google search and apparently the show is called The People's Couch. I watched about 15 seconds of a clip wherein some middle-aged women were watching some TV show on Bravo while giggling and providing brain-melting commentary. No thanks.

I might have to give The Booth at the End a look. I love coffee shop conversations. I am immediately reminded of this little series Denny's ran a while back:

There's a nice little dose of pessimism at the end.

Edit: I apologize for the thread derailment!
Cnev is offline   Reply With Quote