THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > Discussion & Interpretation > Other Authors > General Discussion
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2018   #1
Calenture
Mystic
Quotes: 0
Points: 14,677, Level: 83 Points: 14,677, Level: 83 Points: 14,677, Level: 83
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Activity: 67% Activity: 67% Activity: 67%
"Simon" (Oswell Blakeston & Roger Burford)

Doubly embarrassed now, as I've just been closing some old tabs and found I've been logged in here for an age (visibly?) Doubly embarrassed because I found that I'd had a message that I hadn't noticed/replied to for about a year! I really don't do much online these days.

Anyway, the message was from someone who was interested in finding a copy of The Flying Worm by "Simon" (pseudonym of Oswell Blakeston & Roger Burford, natch.)

I remembered once posting a scan of Simon's The Count at Gruesome Cargoes, an offshoot of the amazing http://vaultofevil.proboards.com/boa...uesome-cargoes dealing with largely between-the-wars horror fiction. Sadly, Gruesome Cargoes seems to have vanished aside from a sort of index added at the Vault (linked above).

I searched Vault (and this site) for "Flying Worm" references, but all I found was a short thread whose only contributors seem to be (the usual suspects) self and a certain Weirdmonger: http://vaultofevil.proboards.com/thr...he+flying+worm

Finally, after the The Supernatural Index had only provided the title, I figured I might as well upload it myself to Google Docs.

I think a short story this old by less-than-cult-status authors is probably out of copyright, but if anyone's not happy and thinks I could be wrong, please let me know and I'll either take it down or limit access to it to only those who ask. For the nonce, here's the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

There's a large site somewhere that puts public domain fiction online, but can't recall what it's called. I remember it was named after an early German edition of the Bible...?
Calenture is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Thanks From:
ChildofOldLeech (04-15-2018), miguel1984 (04-15-2018), woolf (12-10-2019), xylokopos (04-16-2018), Zaharoff (04-16-2018)