Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > News > Ligotti News
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3 Days Ago   #12
Zaharoff
Grimscribe
Quotes: 0
Points: 130,844, Level: 100 Points: 130,844, Level: 100 Points: 130,844, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
Hardcover Press

Shipping is what it is. Costs have increased and that is no overstatement. Recently ordered some titles from Corona\Samizdat and the shipping was higher than the actual price of the books! (I am particularly irked when domestic costs are higher than international.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ligrotesque View Post
What I am not going to do is not purchase any more Ligotti books unless they contain material that was not published previously in a hardcover book OR at least that is heavily revised compared to the earlier publications.
I am similar. I was exposed to Ligotti early, when he was still in Nyctalops and publishers Carroll & Graf. Followed by Subterranean.
I am not a hardcore bibliophile (currently reading "A Gentle Madness" so I know what a piker I am); I don't have to own everything. I'm OK with guys who follow that route.
Me, not buying yet another release, frees up one for a younger reader, new to Ligotti. Previous editions are OP. What are the easiest entry points for newcomers? The two Penguin titles?

Personally, I wish Tom would quit tinkering with past output, ala George Lucas, and fire up his creativity. There are certainly plenty of things in the world to be upset and angry about - especially when nation after nation elect / permit puppet masters to pull the strings.

That said, I understand creative block is real, that's why I say, I wish.
Zaharoff is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Thanks From:
bendk (3 Days Ago), Gnosticangel (2 Days Ago), Ironrose (3 Days Ago), Jeff Matthews (3 Days Ago), Sashock Strashock (2 Days Ago)