Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > Miscellanea > Suggestion Box
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2005   #3
Dr. Bantham
Town Manager
Quotes: 19
Points: 321,338, Level: 100 Points: 321,338, Level: 100 Points: 321,338, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Section for Amateur Ligotti homage?

While information and discussion of Thomas Ligotti will always be the cornerstone and main agenda of TLO, interactive and user contributed content from this wonderful collection of individuals is to be encouraged, nurtured and promoted. This is a Ligottian Community, bound by common ground and vision. I would like to conspire with Dr. Locrian to develop a "mission statement" as such, but in the meantime I think the recent surge in activity speaks just as well for the potential we have herein.

Ahem. As for the submission of written material, this is greatly encouraged and the interface should allow for such within "The Repository". If you click on the "Online Literature" and subsequently the "Selections by Amateur Authors" category, you should notice a link under The Repository heading which allows you to "Submit Article". The interface is nearly identical to the posting interface, sans spellchecking, which is on the task list. Be sure to define the type of article at the bottom dropdown list box.

Currently, the articles are not set for approval by an administrator or moderator. This is due to a bug in the code which I am struggling with. Your submission will be automatically entered without requiring approval, but do be aware that we reserve the right to request editing or simply reject the material for any reason we may deem. Do not be intimidated though, it would be my intent to allow all material submitted to reside therein, but some folk may not observe the purpose of this area and submit material which would be better relegated to a post, for example. Once the code is fixed, we will revert to an approval process.

A corresponding post will then appear with "The Repository" forum category, which will allow members to comment directly on a specific piece of work. Though I certainly never plan to censor or reprimand the conduct of a member based upon opinions expressed, I do encourage everyone to respect and support the creativity of one another. If you can not say something nice...

THOMAS LIGOTTI ONLINE
A Shining Brainless Beacon Of Elegant Mutations And Cunning Annihilations
Dr. Bantham is offline   Reply With Quote