THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK
Go Back   THE NIGHTMARE NETWORK > Discussion & Interpretation > Thomas Ligotti > General Discussion
Home Forums Content Contagion Members Media Diversion Info Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Translate
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2016   #17
qcrisp
Grimscribe
Quotes: 0
Points: 125,854, Level: 100 Points: 125,854, Level: 100 Points: 125,854, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%
Re: PC trashing of Weird Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
I think there is a real problem with political correctness and shallow identity politics in the weird fiction community, and I am sympathetic to Samuels as I can totally 100% believe he would lose out on certain opportunities for his beliefs, but he does sort of obscure his points with the high doses of paranoia and a flat out lack of research regarding Marxism.

I do think if he were better known (only a matter of time) he would be blacklisted from many anthologies for his views. His indignation isn't entirely groundless. I just wish he'd learn to focus it instead of believing in some global leftist conspiracy, which in the wake of Trump and Brexit doesn't hold any water.
There's so much I could say about this, if only I were free to speak. But... I hear a noise at the door as of some vast, collective body of the indoctrinated lumbering against it. God, that hand! The window! The window! The Overton Window!!!

Absolutely candid, carefree, but straightforward speech becomes possible for the first time when one speaks of the highest." - Friedrich Schlegel
qcrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Kevin (12-02-2016), njhorror (12-02-2016)